Nerf Alistar to Guinsoo

Тема в разделе "Другие официальные новости", создана пользователем Woofy, 10 янв 2011.

Статус темы:
  1. Woofy

Woofy Пользователь

Hey all,

I thought I should give an update on where we're at with Alistar. A couple months ago (has it really been that long?) I talked a bit about an Alistar remake we were working on internally. This excited a lot of people. In the process of doing a champion remake, I spent a lot of time learning the champion, as I always do. I got lessons from Reep, played games with him Dapacman, Nicosharp, etc, and played a whole bunch of Alistar myself.

In doing so, I learned that Alistar is really not in a terrible spot, just very hard to play. I have also seen Alistar played successfully periodically in the ELO ranges I play at on my two accounts (1400-1800 solo). From these experiences, my goals for Alistar changed. I no longer believe he needs a large buff, or even a medium one. I think he could use a small buff, but mostly he needs usability tweaks (which were also scheduled along with the buff).

Our initial Alistar changelog for the first remake playtest looked something like this:

Pulverize - AoE increased and normalized to interact more regularly with units of varying sizes; cooldown modified to longer at rank 1 and shorter at rank 5.

Headbutt - Now can target minions, cooldown modified to longer at rank 1 and shorter at rank 5; damage increased slightly toward upper ranks.

Triumphant Roar - Cooldown, cost, and effect reduced about 15% (this is to support the new passive better).

Unbreakable Will - no longer provides attack damage; now removes debuffs in an area around Alistar as well as himself.

Trample - new passive. Whenever Alistar casts a spell, he gains a bit of move speed, can walk through units, and deals area damage for a few seconds (stacks and overlaps). EDIT: currently Trample does damage turrets. This isn't set in stone but is currently helping him not lose his pusher role.

Now, before you say it, yes this was way overpowered. Our initial thought for Alistar was to give him a new, distinct role in the tank lineup - anti AoE-CC. In doing so we were able to remove Attack Damage from his ultimate (which did synergize with his passive but muddied the spell's clarity of purpose and also doesn't really feel like it belongs on a tank), which was a goal. We also wanted to improve his farming so we tried out our first attempt at the passive Trample. It made him better at nearly everything - escaping, farming, killing, you name it. Clearly OP

So we went on, nerfing the remade Alistar as we playtested and he continued to mash faces. In the next version, we made Trample simply refresh and not stack, which helped a bit with his killing-anyone-at-level-2 problem, and in the test after we nerfed down the move speed some more on Trample so he wouldn't be so unkillable.

We tested this new version a few more times, and it was still overpowered, but we also had a new observation. Nobody really seemed to like the AoE cleanse on Unbreakable Will. It created odd scenarios like do I use my Unbreakable Will despite being at full health and not targeted? Plus Alistar often have to take a second to move next to the CC'ed carry and by that time it was somewhat not useful to cleanse him anyway. So we shelved that mechanic for now, although we might use it on a future champion in a better form (pair it with a more suitable off effect, and it probably needs to be target-AoE rather than PBAoE). In doing so, we moved movement speed from the still-too-strong Trample to the ultimate. This new version seems to be a pretty good direction for Alistar, but still pretty strong.

One alternate approach we've thought about as well is to give him a reduced cooldown passive on his Triumphant Roar slot (like Heimerdinger's Upgrade!!!) so that his cooldowns don't get too out of control with max CDR. I don't particularly like this approach however as it's akin to "Lowers the champion's cooldowns but also the CDR cap" and it feels like a bad solution... but it does give him lower average cooldowns but mitigates the extremes, so it probably could work even though I'm not a big fan.

One last particularly controversial nerf came in near the end - reduced stun duration on Alistar's Pulverize. If we want a shorter cooldown and better hitbox on it, the disable time has to go down, too. In reality his Pulverize is almost as good as an ultimate. His priority has also been reduced since he's really not underpowered, just really tough to use and possibly a bit overshadowed. I'm still working on him occasionally when I have time, but patches take a lot of time and effort. We still have not decided for certain if we want to move forward with the Trample passive or not. It might just be too strong overall, and it is a pretty big kit shift away from turret pushing (even though it seems to be a net buff). Then there's always the concern of how the community would accept an Alistar buff that included a nerf to Pulverize duration.

One of the initial complaints about Alistar is that he's very summoner spell reliant because he's so reliant on his positioning. You can often make your own positioning by Headbutting enemies into walls or using the Headbutt-midair-Pulverize combo, so I don't think he's as reliant on summoner spells as people make him out to be. Too much help here would be too strong IMO. One of the things I like best about his current version is now you can Headbutt to a minion next to a champion, then Pulverize. While this is weaker than the Headbutt-midair-Pulverize combo, it's easier to do. So you have flexible options.

So what do the Alistar players think? Are these acceptable tradeoffs for some of the buffs you guys are looking for? Or would you rather see a more scaled back approach? His kit is clearly strong - AoE stun of almost ultimate quality, a knockback, an admittedly weak AoE heal, a massive damage reduction, and debuff removal. So we could probably solve any problems he has with numbers (though this is possibly even more risky). The new version looks a little like this:

Pulverize - reduced cooldown at upper ranks, reduced stun duration, increased AoE size

Headbutt - deals more damage, reduced cooldown at upper ranks, can target minions

Triumphant Roar - reduced cost, effect, and cooldown by about 15%

Unbreakable Will - provides movement speed instead of attack damage

Trample passive - on casting a spell, Alistar gains AoE damage (like Tremors) and can walk through units for 3 seconds.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to add is that yes we plan to increase his difficulty and remove the recommended tag. Good point.

Sorry that this turned into more of a blog than a forum post. I didn't intend for it to happen this way. I feel like I'm forgetting a few inb4's, but I'm being summoned to the Tol Barad raid boss guy. I hope this turns into a good discussion!

7 пользователям это понравилось.
  2. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

ЕЕЕЕЕЕ,наконец им можно играть.
  3. Worldeditor

Worldeditor Старожил

Им и раньше можно было, но этот АоЕ дамаг с пассивки будет фармить на ура. :D Жаль передумали с АоЕ клинсом.
  4. leptos

leptos Сорака у Истока

божественно )
    1 человеку нравится это.
  5. им и так можно играть. только нужны прямые руки и мозги.это тебе не Аша и не прочий трэш для нубья.
    4 пользователям это понравилось.
  6. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

название темы доставляет=))) По-моему гуинса не понял че он сделал=)))))
  7. 6aHKaIIuBa

6aHKaIIuBa Опытный Пользователь

Если что им отлично можно было и до этого играть,правда если были руки.Ожнако сейчас стало удобнее,не спорю.
    1 человеку нравится это.
  8. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

это и имелось ввиду <_< Спасибо кэп.
  9. Acolyte

Acolyte Опытный Пользователь

Ждал ребилда алистара ОЧЕНЬ долго. Полюбил за него играть в последнее время, он вовсе не был бесполезным. Посмотрел на все это безобразие...
    1) Теперь его ПРИДЕТСЯ собирать в танка. Ульта занерфена, сивир какая-то)
    2) Бодать мобов - это прикольно. Только вопрос - он будет все же втемяшивать народ в стены как поппи или будет дальше их откидывать через стены?
    3) Уменьшена продолжительность стана - ну, зато кд будет меньше....
    4) Пассивка порадовала, но если бы давала еще минус КД - был бы вообще смак.
    Короче не знаю, Риотам стоило бы ему повысить прирост родных резистов для начала. Раньше была ульта - и всем было наплевать. Теперь же его врожденные резисты - смех.
  10. Isairyu

Isairyu Коренной житель

Дак ульта осталась, просто скорость вместо урона, или ты думаешь, что она будет Только скорость давать?
  11. MadMage

MadMage Фаворит форума

так ульта вроде с тем же эффектом,лишь ад заменили на мувспид.имхо,что полезнее будет.
    И,да,интересно,кто нибудь его в дд собирал?ни разу не видел такого ) хотя,может это и играбельно,судить не берусь.
  12. Kislorod

Kislorod Легендарная личность

ульту жалко....больше небудет таких моментов когда с минимум хп стоит и в рукопашку пилиш врага тоже с лоу хп и убиваешь =(
    а так интересно играть им и было а щас еще больше будет удовольствия от танкования + у него хп за лвл много дается
  13. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

против крабЭ очень даже.
  14. Подскажите в кратце, что с ним случилось?)
  15. Chocolate

Chocolate Коренной житель

16. Isairyu

Isairyu Коренной житель

Pulverize - Уменьшен кд на высоких уровнях, уменьшено время стана, увеличен радиус

Headbutt - больше урона, меньше кд на высоких уровнях, можно гасить миньонов

Triumphant Roar - меньше стоит, меньше хилит, меньше кд примерно на 15 процентов.

Unbreakable Will - скорость бега вместо урона.

Trample passive - после каста спела получаем АОЕ урон и возможность проходить сквозь юнитов на 3 сек.
  17. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

Гугля тебе в помщь.
  18. pwneon

pwneon Старожил

Интересно довольно

Дружок им часто играет, думаю ему понравится :rolleyes:
  19. Acolyte

Acolyte Опытный Пользователь

Собирал в дд. В 3 на 3 карает.
  20. Cerber

Cerber Старожил

Не написано что ульта с тем же эффектом, написано что ульта теперь дает АоЕ дамадж и ускоряет (дает проходить сквозь минионов) на 3 секунды.

P.S. Еще раз прочитал текст на английском и понял, что ступил, ты был прав.
  21. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

омг,читай внимательней или попроси гугл помочь тебе. Это пассивка дает Аое+мс после каста.
  22. AleXsir

AleXsir Старожил

Да в любом случае остались более полезные танки с хорошей инициацией. Но попробовать будет интересно.
  23. marc2010

marc2010 Фаворит форума

Их всего 4. Я не думаю что в ближайшее время кто-то будет их ремейкать.
  24. yo13

yo13 Старожил

надеюсь в этом патче поменяют..
    ждем новый скин!
  25. Aventar

Aventar Фаворит форума

что-то типа этого
  26. Grandioz

Grandioz Фаворит форума

Сделайте полный перевод статьи, а то лень самому переводить, а гуглом нечитабельно получается
  27. Isairyu

Isairyu Коренной житель

В этом нет смысла. Букв много - толку мало. Достаточно перевода изменения скилов на первой странице.
  28. Grandioz

Grandioz Фаворит форума

ленивое отродье(
  29. Isairyu

Isairyu Коренной житель

30. Charodey

Charodey Опытный Пользователь

Почему Алистар был непопулярен? Кому нужны стан раз в 5 лет ну и дохленькая хилка, когда другие танки передамаживают Кэрри? Вспоминаем того же Малафита, Раммуса, Чогу и иже с ними - контроля до жопы, урон дикий, на линиях стоять куда легче и есть чем фармиться.
    По мне таких вот танков нужно в первую очередь и нерфить до уровня Алистара - редко-редко сейчас в игре 1 танк или нету. Обычно 2 и больше. На днях с рандомами играл - моя Ирелька и рандомы Сигнед, Мундо, Малафит и Влад. Собственно, все тимфайты заканчивались моей смертью и эти 4 полудурка шли дальше пушить.

Но у Риотов как всегда альтернативная логика...
Статус темы: